Ah, skin. And the things we do to our skin! Women (especially) are forever in search of the best fix to give them glowing, clear, healthy, wrinkle-free skin. I was inspired to write this topic today because a friend/client came over recently for lunch and she simply has among the most luminescent skin I’ve ever seen- without makeup! But most of us are not so lucky. It got me thinking how most all of us (most definitely including me!) have to put out a real effort to make our skin look good.
One thing which we may overlook is the Tap Water we use daily at home. And tailor your skin-care products accordingly. “Soft water doesn’t remove soap well, so it can leave a residue on your skin,” says Susan H. Weinkle, an assistant clinical professor of dermatology at the University of South Florida, in Tampa. If your water is soft, use face and body cleansers sparingly (no more than a nickel- or quarter-size amount, respectively). Hard water, on the other hand, doesn’t allow washes to lather easily, prompting you to use even more cleanser, which can cause dryness. Gentle, nonsoap formulas, which aren’t meant to lather, can minimize this.
Before we actually decide the Skin Care treatment, we pay extra attention to find out the Type of Skin. Everybody’s skin is unique, so what works for another person may not work for you. Take a long, hard look at your skin and decide whether it’s normal, sensitive, dry, combination, blemish-prone or oily.
- If you have normal skin, you’re lucky! Your skin doesn’t get oily, your pores are small, your skin tone looks even and you rarely suffer from breakouts.
- Sensitive skin tends to be very reactive – it may become dry, itchy or irritated depending on the weather, your lifestyle and the products you use.
- Dry skin usually feels tight after cleansing and can suffer from roughness or flakiness, especially when exposed to cold weather or dry air.
- Combination skin means that your skin can be dry and oily. It might be flaky and rough around the edges, but oily along the t-zone.
- Blemish-prone skin is just that – prone to blackheads, pimples and excess oil. Even though you try to keep it clean, it still suffers from breakouts.
- Oily skin can become greasy and shiny-looking within an hour after washing. The oil may even seep through your make up and cause it to slide off.
- In addition, whether you have a light skin tone, medium skin tone or dark skin tone will also dictate what issues your skin is prone to, and should be taken into consideration when choosing skincare products.
At TRESSEZ, we conduct a detailed skin consultation considering the above factors, food habits & lifestyle, thus suggesting you skincare regime unique to your skin type.